On May 12th, KT-22 at Squaw Valley, CA will close for the season.
The resort will remain open through July 7th, but you’ve got less than a month to enjoy KT-22.
With a 60″ base on the lower mountain and a 220″ base up top, conditions are set up well for an incredible spring.
Squaw Valley Lift Operations:
**Learn more here**
We still have over 2 months to go at Squaw Valley! Here are the details:
- Squaw Valley will be open for skiing & riding daily through Memorial Day (Monday, May 27)
- Current hours are 9am-4pm, but will shift earlier to 8am-2pm in late April/early May to maximize time with the best Spring conditions
- Squaw Valley will be open every weekend (Friday – Sunday) from May 31 – July 1
- Squaw Valley will be open for the Fourth of July Weekend, Wednesday, July 3 – Sunday, July 7
While the upper mountain at Squaw still has ample coverage (over 200″ base at 8,000′), snow depths at the base area/lower mountain get thinner each day with the warm weather. Our crews also have to perform routine maintenance on chairlifts every summer in preparation for the following season, and this work needs to start right away to make sure we are ready to open in time. Based on these factors, here is the anticipated lift operating plan at Squaw, conditions permitting:
- April 21: Last day for Headwall*, Red Dog, Squaw Creek, Far East, Solitude and SnoVentures
- *Headwall is closing due to lift maintenance, but Reverse Traverse & Headwall terrain will remain open
- May 12: Last day for KT-22
- May 27: Last day for Granite Chief, Siberia, Mountain Meadow and Bailey’s Beach
- Friday-Sunday May 31-June 30 & July 3-7: The Funitel, Big Blue, Gold Coast and Shirley Lake will be open for skiing & riding, weather and conditions permitting.